Friday, May 31, 2013

Cooperstown...once again

Hubs took me on a long weekend in Cooperstown this past week for a belated birthday/Memorial Day celebration/much-needed rest. The trip included several strolls around town, super-competitive mini-golf, lengthy mud hikes, a little wiffle ball, and a few nights in which I got 12+ hours of sleep without even realizing it (for real, I totally did need it). Oh, and a few episodes of the new season on Arrested Development streamed and watched in bed on my iPhone. More on that another time. Now, for the highlights:
Hubs and I in obligatory iPhone self-portrait.

Council Rock Park, where Lake Otsego ends and the Susquehanna River begins. My favorite quiet romantic spot in the whole town, and also where I usually eat breakfast.

Another view of Lake Otsego (also known as Glimmerglass to those familiar with James Fenimore Cooper's Leatherstocking Tales)

Doubleday Field. Unfortunately, there were no games going on at this time (there was one the day before), but we did hang out there and eat breakfast one day to just admire the scenery. It's a beautiful, old-fashioned park, built in the days of the WPA!
Hubs and his pastry. He waved once he realized that I was taking pictures of him.

Another view of the park. Did you know that they shot some of the scenes from A League of Their Own here? I think I've told you that before.

Creepy fog near High Point State Park on the way home. It was a long, rainy drive back.

No comments:

Post a Comment