Monday, June 10, 2013

The Great Outdoors

This past Sunday, everyone in my house was eager to get outside and enjoy some sunshine, since it seems like it's always raining around here lately (there's a flood watch in the area as I type this and I can literally hear the rain pounding on the roof). Stenni has been big on "family BBQs" lately, and I have to say, after years of cooking elaborate meals for 25 or so drunk people (that was how we used to BBQ, and we did it every.Friday.night. for almost 3 years!), it is a nice, refreshing change of pace to simply grill up some veggies and chicken and s'mores for just the three of us. But we won't be "just the three of us" for long, so I want to cherish these moments. Hubs and I usually plan every last minute of our weekends too, so having the whole weekend free was practically like having a vacation at home, and we enjoyed our free time with boat rides (him), long baths (me), trips to the library, lots of cuddling and gloriously unhurried meals. We almost went camping on Saturday, but I'm so glad we stayed home and enjoyed each other instead.
I'm bad at iPhone family portraits, but it doesn't stop me from trying.
The aftermath of our family BBQ, and the silly little girl behind it all!



S'mores made on the grill. Papa and Stenni enjoyed them and the pup was super jealous.

This picture was a little bit better. We were all really that happy, and that doesn't happen too often!

No comments:

Post a Comment