Here are some suggestions as to what to do with yourself for 10 minutes:
- Take a walk around the block, or exercise whatever way you want, just get your blood flowing!
- Shower. And shave your legs.
- Take a few deep breaths and do a sun salutation without a kid punching you in the butt as soon as you bend over.
- Stop at Dunkies or Starbucks (or my personal favorite, Quick Chek) and get a cup of coffee if you've got a few extra bucks in your pocket.
- Look up whether or not Joseph Gordon-Levitt actually has that weird accent that he uses in the Don Jon movie trailer. It's a really bad "Jersey" accent; I don't remember it from 3rd Rock from the Sun and he was born in LA so it probably isn't real. (Can you tell how I used my time?)
- Try to tackle any major home improvement or organization projects. It'll be easier to start those later, once you've got a kids-in-school groove going.
- Clean the house the whole time the kids are gone. A speed-clean will do just fine, thank you.
- Get on the computer and surf aimlessly for hours. It's a time-suck, and it'll just prevent you from doing anything for yourself.
- Worry about what is going on in the school. They're in capable hands.