Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello, my name is V, and today I'd like to talk to you about my general lack of talent.

I'm bad at blogging. I'll admit it. This is my third stab at it, not to mention all of the previous blog-like incarnations like livejournal (my most successful venture, sadly), xanga, myspace, etc. I'm generally inconsistent. I stray off topic. I can't find my niche. This time I'm going to embrace it.
I am an awkward broad, to say the least. I say inappropriate things and don't generally realize I've done anything wrong until much later (if at all). I don't know what to talk about in social situations-I'm awful at small talk, and tend to mumble or repeat myself. I'm pretty bad at making, having, and retaining friends. I occasionally drink too much and sing in public. Despite my best efforts, I am not ladylike in any way. I have no specific talents to speak of, although I am an ok baker. I am occasionally super lazy (like watch reruns of Frasier all day lazy). I sometimes think that I'm a bad mom because I can't teach my 10-month old French or the violin, and I don't bring her to museums and mom club thingies every day. I'm not a good photographer, and I never learned to use a curling iron. Sometimes I leave my laundry in the dryer for an extra day if there's nothing important in there. I have broken more bones than I care to count (although usually it's the same few bones over and over). All of this is just to say that I am occasionally blundering, artless, inept, embarrassing, tactless, and just plain ridiculous. I try not to be, but it just happens. I plan to report on this and other things, whenever I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment