so here you go:
v's super-awesome, reasonably easy, actually healthy and pretty low-fat banana muffins
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg replacer (pasteurized, so you can lick the spoon)
- 1/2 sugar of any type (i like to use the organic cane sugar, but these are good with white or brown too)
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (you can use 1 cup unbleached white flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour if you want)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- up to 1 teaspoon cinnamon, if you want
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use paper liners for muffin tins and/or mini-muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Gently stir in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, use wire whisk to mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended. Pour batter into prepared tins .
- Bake in preheated pan until golden and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Cool completely (or don't. they're super yummy warm. but don't burn yourself and don't feed them to your kids until they cool down).