Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Sometimes, there's just nothing to say

I was prepared to do a big post today on Shakespeare, it being his birthday and all. I was going to let you figure out which Shakesperean character you might be (incidentally, I ended up as Rosalind from As You Like It) with a cool PBS quiz. I had quite a bit that I wanted to talk to you about, actually. But all that changed earlier today.

A little boy lost his long battle with brain cancer. He was the cousin of a cousin. His name was Joey, and he was three years old. His little sister was born just two days ago. He was sweet and adorable, with chubby little cheeks even when he was too sick to do much of anything. His family needs all the prayers that you can spare right now.

I don't know what else to say. My little girl is only a year younger than Joey. I remember seeing them together at Christmas Eve two years ago, before any of this. All I could do after I found out today was let Stenni have all the gummi bears that she asked for and hug her tight whenever she'd let me. I didn't know what else to do. Our families weren't particularly close, but something like this hits you where it hurts no matter what. We all hoped for a miracle, but at least Joey isn't suffering anymore.

If you pray, please do keep Joey's family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment