Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas, grandmas, Godmamas, step-mamas, foster mothers, mother figures, to each and every kind of mom! And extra love to those who want to be mamas but aren't for whatever reason.
This year's Mother's Day was far better than last year's, when we had just lost a baby 2 days before and I couldn't focus on much else. It was hard and it hurt and nothing made any sense. May was a really dark time, and I have to pray for anyone else going through that, especially this time of year.
But today, my wonderful hubby and beautiful Stenni brought me out for bagels at my absolute favorite bagel store, then out for anything I wanted at the farmer's market. We got some bread, pickles, apples and cheese, and ate ina picnic-style lunch in front of the TV while watching Moneyball and later, the Blue Jays game. Then we went to visit my mom, hubs' mom, and my grandma. Hubs and Stenni made me a new (and water- and food-proof) version of the cookbook I've been using for oh so many years. It was really no more than a folder with a bunch of pieces of food-stained paper inside, but they turned it into an organized, illustrated masterpiece that I love!
All in all, it was a good day.
I hope that everyone else had such an enjoyable Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment