Friday, September 27, 2013

Post-Baby Menu Planning...Help!

Stenni talks and sings to Cuatro in my belly all the time. It's adorable, but unsettling how small her head is compared to my giant belly.


Guys, this baby is coming in like, 6 weeks, doctor's count (I'm guessing more like 4-5). I'm like so not prepared. I mean, I have some clothes and whatnot (I still have to wash them though...that's on the to-do list for today), most of my baby gear is slowly coming out of storage, and things are kind of falling into place. But the other important stuff like putting in the carseat (let alone cleaning out the car so I can fit it in there), pre-registering with the hospital, packing the hospital bag, you know, the stuff that you don't want to leave until last minute? Yeah, forget it, I am woefully behind. And things that are urgent and also necessary for living, like putting in the new crib and making a few healthy meals for our family for the hectic first few days (or weeks...maybe months?), have absolutely not even been started. It borders on pathetic how unprepared I am this time around.

Which brings me to my next point: Next week I'll be doing a few posts on freezable meals and snacks that I can prepare now, stick in the freezer and grab after Cuatro gets here when pizza and beer just won't do/when I want to pretend that I'm trying to be healthy. Anyone have any suggestions? Point me in any helpful direction you can in the comments. Thanks!

Also on my to-do list for today: make and freeze chocolate chip cookie dough. Because when it comes to necessities, you need to know what you really can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment