Monday, January 14, 2013

have you read this?

It's an article called "The End of Courtship?" in the NY Times. It makes me sad for my generation, and happy to be already married to a wonderful man with whom I don't need to play games.

I don't really have too much to say about the article itself or the growing trend of hanging out instead of dating (which itself has always seemed problematic). No real comment. I just feel like it's such a cop-out. I know the way things go, I have a few friends who are still single, I understand the no commitment thing. If I weren't married to my husband, I'd never have gotten married at all. But just hanging out in groups, texting, and then having sex sporadically until everything fizzles out? That seems so lame. How do you build a future from that? I feel like everyone on the playing field is selling themselves short.

Anyway like I said I really am not going to make some kind of deep social commentary. But if you haven't read the article and you're looking for something unsettling to do this morning, go for it. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment